What is Geothermal drilling
Geothermal drilling is used for geothermal steam and hot water well drilling. It is a special technology and necessary method for the exploration, exploitation of geothermal fluid.
For the high temperature geothermal drilling, drilling depth is generally 500 meters to 2000 meters, a little more than 2000 meters, mostly in 600 ~ 900 meters. Regariding to the conduction type geothermal field at low temperature, the average depth is 1800 meters, while the geopressured geothermal drilling can reach to 6000 meters depth.
Features of mud recycling system for Geothermal drilling
1) As the temperature of Geothermal drilling is normally higher. There should be mud cooler before mud recycling system and after mud comes out from well head.
2) There should be galvanized grating to cover the tank tops for a better heat-radiation. Checkered plate is not recommended for Geothermal drilling mud recycling system. The heat cannot come out well in this condition.
3) Normally, there is only desander cone in the mud recyclone system. Desilter cone is not used.
4) As the mud temperature is higher, PU hydraocyclone is not suitable for Geothermal drilling mud recycling system, while cast iron cyclones should be used.
5) And in some cases, geothermal drilling rig platform is low, it means the flow height from drilling rig to shale shaker is lower. It gives strict limitation on shaker tank design.
GN Solids Control got an inquire from a European Geothermal drilling company. They are searching for a mud recycling system for their 750hp Geothermal drilling, and they want a 3-tank mud system.
After communication, we know that their flow height is only 2.6m. Per their condition, we offer tech. proposal together with commercial proposal, customer satisfy and give us order soon. And the system will be dispatch to jobsite soon.
Below is the system proposal we offered for the 750hp Geothermal drilling rig.
1) Shaker tank #1: 6012×2200×1600mm
2) Mixing tank 2# and Storage tank 3#: 11500×2200×2350mm
4) Desander separate
5) Mixing system and mud agitators