Applications of dewatering unit
1) Dewatering unit is an important part for waste water treatment.
2) Combined with high speed or super high speed decanter centrifuge, dewatering unit is widely used for water base mud drilling cuttings treatment.
3) Dewatering unit can be used in TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine) drilling mud system
4) Dewatering unit can be used in dredging slurry separation system in civil projects. In this case, it is used together with belt compressor.
Flocculants is the most important part to effect dewatering unit performance. In order to insure a better performance of dewatering unit, we should pay attention on below points:
(1) If the surface of the flocculants powder is dissolved too rapidly, there will be particle mutually attached, therefore it will cause the particle interior does not be dissolved completely; the usual operation is to use various types of dispersing and dissolving device.
(2) Per different conditions, the time used to dissolve the flocculants varies. The main factors may as below:
A. The types of flocculants be used;
B. The water quality used as dissolution;
C. The temperature of water
D. The mixing efficiency.
Normally, its takes around 1hour for flocculants powder to be fully dissolved. If the flocculants cannot be mixing completely, it will reduce the performance.
Dewatering unit Design in drilling waste management field
Dewatering unit is usually put into container. GN Solids Control company offers 20ft containerized dewatering unit and 40ft containerized dewatering unit.
Dewater centrifuge for dewatering unit can be put into the container, inside the container or even on the top of container.
When dewatering unit is used together with decanter centrifuge. It should pay attention to that: the chemicals should add on centrifuge feeding pump outlet pipe, and before enter into centrifuge. The mud cannot be mixed with chemicals and then transfer to centrifuge. Pls refer our former mail for dewatering unit pipeline.