When it comes to drilling operations, especially using OBM as drilling mud, efficiency and safety are paramount. One essential piece of equipment in this industry is the GN Vertical Cutting Dryer. Proper installation and operation of this device can significantly impact your operations’ success. In this blog, we’ll take you through the essential steps to ensure you get the most out of your GN Vertical Cutting Dryer.
Preparation Before Starting:
- Initial Installation and Adjustment: Before the first-time use, reinstalling, or resuming operation, ensure the equipment is installed and adjusted correctly. Take the time to inspect and make necessary adjustments for optimal performance.
- Read the Manuals: Knowledge is power. Familiarize yourself with the user manual and the electric control operation instructions attached to the electric control cabinet. These documents hold the key to smooth operation.
- Daily Startup Preparation and Inspection:
- Clean the Environment: Start by clearing the area around the site, ensuring there are no unnecessary tools, parts, or debris near the dryer. A clutter-free workspace is a safe workspace.
- Belt Tension: Check the tension of the belt to guarantee it’s correctly aligned and functioning.
- Observation Holes: Take a peek through the upper and lower cylinder observation holes. Ensure no drill cuttings, mud, or foreign objects obstruct the machine. Always start the dryer with no load; this protects the equipment and keeps operators safe.
- Check Components: Inspect critical components such as the drive cover, upper and lower cylinders, and observation hole covers for secure installation. Double-check screws in rotating parts, inlet/outlet pipelines, and the control cabinet to ensure they aren’t loose.
- Fluid Supplies: Make sure you have a clean water supply and a reliable source of compressed air for the flushing pipeline.
- Jog Start: Begin the dryer using the jog function. Keep an eye out for any abnormal vibrations or clashes during this initial stage.
Start and Stop Procedures
- Open the air valve of the air knife (if applicable) and turn on the main power supply.
- Start the oil pump motor and verify that oil pressure is within normal parameters.
- Initiate the solids discharge screw conveyor for the vertical cuttings dryer.
- Start the main motor after confirming proper lubricating oil return.
- Activate the flushing pump based on the liquid phase’s fluidity (timed or continuous, as required).
- Once the equipment operates stably, open the air knife valve and start the feeding screw conveyor. Make sure the feed is stable and uniform to prevent additional vibrations. Keep a close eye on the main motor’s current to prevent overloading.
- Halt the feeding screw conveyor for the vertical cuttings dryer.
- Open the flushing pump and air knife valve to flush the slurry outlet channel and screen basket for at least 10 minutes.
- Stop the main motor.
- Turn off the oil pump motor.
- Bring the solids discharge screw conveyor to a stop.
- Turn off the main power supply and the air source.
Placement of VFD Control Panel (if available):
- For convenient operation, it’s essential to position the VFD panel within 5 meters (ideally) but no more than 10 meters from the unit. An added rainproof awning ensures smooth operation even in inclement weather.
- The user should ensure the preparation of cables of the appropriate length, connecting them to the main motor, auxiliary motor, oil pump motor, flushing pump motor, and power supply.
- Meeting the specified cable standards is crucial.
By following these steps, you can ensure the safe and efficient performance of your GN Vertical Cutting Dryer. Efficiency and safety go hand in hand, and the proper operation of this equipment can make a significant difference in the success of your drilling operations.